The standard racial discrimination and harassment policies to ensure compliance with human rights laws is no longer enough for these turbulent times. In response to the murder of George Floyd, employers across Canada and the world are taking a broader stand against racism. But while there’s only so much a single employer can change society, where they can make a difference is with regard to how people think and behave in their workplace. Here are 10 actions you can and should take right now to reaffirm and reinforce your commitment to root out racism and racial discrimination within your own organization.
Included in this Special Report is:
- Making a Difference: The 10 Things Employers Can Do to Combat Racism
- HR Audit: Are Your Employment Practices Perpetuating Racial Discrimination?
- Hiring and Recruiting: The Liability Risks of Evaluating Job Candidates’ “Fit”
- Model Questions for Job Applications
- Model Survey: Employee Diversity & Inclusion Questionnaire
- CEO Words: Big Corporation Speak Out on Murder of George Floyd
- Checklist: The 33 Things to Include in Your Racial Anti-Discrimination & Harassment Policy
- Model Policy for Use of Fit as a Criterion for Recruiting & Hiring
- Model Anti-Racism Vision Statement
- Model Racial Discrimination Policy