The Agency will ensure pay cheques are distributed promptly and efficiently.
Manager of Accounting
A Full-time, part-time, and full-time contract positions will be paid as follows:
- Mid-month advances will be provided to employees 1 working day prior to the 15th day of each month. Staff will advise the Manager of Accounting as to the amount of the advance. Advances cannot exceed 50% of the employee’s estimated monthly net pay. No deductions shall occur on this cheque as it is an advance on the month’s pay only.
- Month-end cheques will be provided to the employee 2 working days before the last day of each month. All deductions to the employees’ pay shall occur on the month-end cheques.
- In the month of December, month-end cheques will be provided to Employee at the same time as their mid-month advance.
Stipend positions will be paid as follows:
- The pay periods are two weeks in duration and run from a Monday to Sunday.
- Time sheets are forwarded to the Manager of Accounting by the Monday immediately following the end of the pay period at 4:30 p.m.
- Pay cheques will be distributed to employees by noon on the Wednesday immediately following the end of the pay period.
Requests for pay advances:
- For holiday purposes – An employee may request an advance on their pay cheque if they will be on vacation at the time that a payday is to occur. The request for the advance is to be forwarded to their supervisor/manager for approval. The request is to include the day the employee wishes to receive the cheque and the amount. The request is then forwarded to the Manager of Accounting for processing. Administration requires 10 working days to process this type of advance. Advances will not exceed the amount rightfully due to the employee during the period they will be absent.
- Exceptional Basis – If an employee requires an advance on their pay due to personal reasons, these will be considered on an exceptional basis. The request for the advance, specifying the amount, is to be forwarded to the immediate supervisor/manager. The manager of the respective area must approve the request. The employee will be required to sign a document stating that they owe the funds and that the funds will be deducted from the employee’s next pay cheque. If a manager is requesting the exceptional advance, the executive director is required to approve the request.
A terminating employee’s supervisor will notify the executive director of employment terminations to ensure the complete, accurate and timely calculation of final pay. Administration will ensure appropriate documentation is completed and the final pay cheque is distributed in accordance with the Employment Standards code. All employees are asked to give (2) weeks notice of resignation.
Managers/supervisors are required to submit notice of an employee’s resignation to the executive director within twenty-four (24) hours of receiving the resignation. On an employee’s final day with the Agency, arrangements must be made for the removal of personal effects from the office and the return of any office effects from home. Before a final paycheque is released, the employee must have returned all office keys, identification cards. Etc.
Where the employer terminates the employee without just cause, notice or pay-in-lieu of notice will be given to the employee as per the Employment Standards Code of Jurisdiction. The employee will be required to sign a Release Form as part of the severance agreement should the severance exceed the Employment Standards Code.