When you’re starting to drown between employee concerns, payroll duties and helping your CEO -- HR Insider is there to help get the logistical work out of the way.
Need a policy because of a recent regulatory change? We’ve got it for you. Need some quick training on a specific HR topic? We’ve got it for you. HR Insider provides the resources you need to craft, implement and monitor policies with confidence. Our team of experts (which includes lawyers, analysts and HR professionals) keep track of complex legislation, pending changes, new interpretations and evolving case law to provide you with the policies and procedures to keep you ahead of problems. FIND OUT MORE...
Since the pandemic began, 9 jurisdictions have created a new form of employment standards leave to ensure employees who miss work due to COVID-19 don’t lose their jobs. What all of these leaves have in common:
- They’re unpaid;
- They don’t require minimum service the way sick leave does in many jurisdictions;
- They don’t require employees to provide a doctor’s note or other medical certification the way most illness-related leaves do.
Where COVID-19 leaves differ is with regard to:
- Leave triggers, especially with regard to whether missing work due to travel restrictions or orders to self-isolate by their employers are grounds for leave;
- How long leave can last; and
- Whether leave is just a temporary measure specific to COVID-19 or just the first application of a permanent leave for other infectious illnesses that become a public health emergency that may occur when the COVID-19 pandemic ends.