When you’re starting to drown between employee concerns, payroll duties and helping your CEO -- HR Insider is there to help get the logistical work out of the way.
Need a policy because of a recent regulatory change? We’ve got it for you. Need some quick training on a specific HR topic? We’ve got it for you. HR Insider provides the resources you need to craft, implement and monitor policies with confidence. Our team of experts (which includes lawyers, analysts and HR professionals) keep track of complex legislation, pending changes, new interpretations and evolving case law to provide you with the policies and procedures to keep you ahead of problems. FIND OUT MORE...
High on the list of current challenges facing many companies are issues related to dealing with harassment and mental stress claims by employees.
Date Recorded: March 23, 2016
Speaker: Kevin MacNeill
This webinar focused on recent legal developments in these areas in Ontario, including:
- An update on harassment claims under Bill 168: the current approach of the Ontario Labour Relations Board
- An update on traumatic mental stress claims before the WSIAT since Decision No. 2157/09, including:
- What is the trend in terms of claims allowed/disallowed?
- How is the WSIAT interpreting WSIB Policy 15-03-02 on Traumatic Mental Stress?
- What factors are important in determining entitlement/dis-entitlement?
- How has the WSIAT grappled with competing medical reports?