When you’re starting to drown between employee concerns, payroll duties and helping your CEO -- HR Insider is there to help get the logistical work out of the way.
Need a policy because of a recent regulatory change? We’ve got it for you. Need some quick training on a specific HR topic? We’ve got it for you. HR Insider provides the resources you need to craft, implement and monitor policies with confidence. Our team of experts (which includes lawyers, analysts and HR professionals) keep track of complex legislation, pending changes, new interpretations and evolving case law to provide you with the policies and procedures to keep you ahead of problems. FIND OUT MORE...
|Employer OHS duty to prevent act/threat of psychological and physical harm|
|Employer OHS duty to prevent act/threat of physical harm only|
|OHS duty to prevent act/threat of physical and psychological harm may be implied under general duty clause|
- Federal OHS law imposes employer duty to prevent act/threat of physical and psychological harm
- In QC, the duty to prevent psychological harassment is part of Labour Standards Act
- All jurisdictions ban workplace harassment and bullying based on race, sex, religion and other personal characteristics protected by human rights laws
- Federal Bill C-13 makes acts of cyberbullying a crime
- Nova Scotia Cyber-Safety Act gives cyberbullying victims right to sue for money damages