When you’re starting to drown between employee concerns, payroll duties and helping your CEO -- HR Insider is there to help get the logistical work out of the way.
Need a policy because of a recent regulatory change? We’ve got it for you. Need some quick training on a specific HR topic? We’ve got it for you. HR Insider provides the resources you need to craft, implement and monitor policies with confidence. Our team of experts (which includes lawyers, analysts and HR professionals) keep track of complex legislation, pending changes, new interpretations and evolving case law to provide you with the policies and procedures to keep you ahead of problems. FIND OUT MORE...
Aug. 13: The Alberta, BC and federal privacy commissioners issued joint guidelines for employers on “bring your own [personal] device” policies. Recommendations:
- Assess the privacy and information security risks of BYOD
- Implement a written BYOD policy to address those risks
- Provide for secure storage, retention, encryption and authentication
- Hold individuals accountable for breaches
- Have a plan in case things go wrong
- Provide employees appropriate BYOD privacy training.