Employment Law Fundamentals: Employment Terminations in a Non-Union Workplace
Date: May 5, 2021
Time: 9am – 10:30am PDT
Speaker: Anthony Panacci
About the Webinar
You’ve made the difficult decision to terminate an employee’s employment. What’s next? Managing employee terminations can be tricky, as the process is often upsetting for both parties. For the employer, it comes with significant legal and reputational risks. In this seminar, we will discuss key considerations when preparing for and conducting the termination of an employee’s employment.
This seminar will:
- Review an employer’s basic obligations upon termination of employment;
- Provide tips on developing a reasonable separation package;
- Outline best practices for drafting termination letters;
- Discuss key strategies for conducting termination meetings; and
- Review next steps if an employee rejects the separation package offered.
Anthony Panacci is a lawyer who represents employers and provides strategic advice on all aspects of the employment relationship.
Anthony regularly helps employers to navigate hiring processes, employment terminations, human rights issues, health and safety matters, and investigations. He also drafts employment policies such as progressive discipline policies, attendance management policies, and employment handbooks. In addition, Anthony defends employers when grievances are filed and when claims are brought to the courts, the Ministry of Labour, the Ontario Labour Relations Board, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal.