When you’re starting to drown between employee concerns, payroll duties and helping your CEO -- HR Insider is there to help get the logistical work out of the way.
Need a policy because of a recent regulatory change? We’ve got it for you. Need some quick training on a specific HR topic? We’ve got it for you. HR Insider provides the resources you need to craft, implement and monitor policies with confidence. Our team of experts (which includes lawyers, analysts and HR professionals) keep track of complex legislation, pending changes, new interpretations and evolving case law to provide you with the policies and procedures to keep you ahead of problems. FIND OUT MORE...
Sept. 1: CRA interest rates for the fourth quarter of 2015 are unchanged except for the rate on pertinent loans or indebtedness for corporate taxpayers (bold/underlined):
- Overdue taxes, CPP contributions and EI premiums: 5%
- Overpayments (non-corporate taxpayers): 3%
- Overpayments (corporate taxpayers): 1%
- Rate on taxable benefits for employees and shareholders from interest-free and low-interest loans: 1%
- Rate for corporate taxpayers’ pertinent loans or indebtedness: 4.52%
Interest rates on overdue and overpaid remittances:
- GST: 5%, 1% (corporate taxpayers), 3% (non-corporate)
- HST: 5%, 1%, 3%
- Air Traveler’s Security Charge: 5%, 1%, 3%
- Excise Tax (Non GST): 5%, 1%, 3%
- Excise Duty (except Brewer Licensees): 5%, 1%, 3%
- Excise Duty (Brewer Licensees): 3%, N/A, N/A
- Softwood Lumber Products Export Charge: 5%, 1%, 3%.