What does an English teacher do?
English teachers work at schools and other institutions. They teach the principles of the English language, using different methods to deliver successful courses. English teacher responsibilities can vary based on the academic level and native language of the students.
ENGLISH TEACHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Planning course material and activities
- Assessing the students’ progress (e.g. homework, exam grades, etc.)
- Building trusting relationships with students, parents, and other staff
We are looking for an experienced English teacher to join our bright team. If you love English and have the ability to teach the language with patience and tact, let’s meet.
Your main goal will be to create a supportive learning environment which will help your students meet their learning goals. Through interesting and diverse methods, you’ll teach them the important rules of reading, writing, and speaking in English. You’ll oversee their progress by tracking their assignment and exam grades, in order to provide useful feedback.
- Organize classroom lectures and coursework
- Prepare materials and activities
- Assign homework and interesting exercises
- Identify students with special requirements and create individualized plans
- Determine exam and assignment grades
- Provide feedback based on workload and classroom behavior
- Keep a record of students’ attendance and grades
- Research new language teaching methods
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Inform parents about their children’s performance
- Collaborate with teaching staff and administrators to foster a good student experience
- Previous experience as an English teacher
- Knowledge of various teaching methods
- Deep understanding of the national curriculum and English language requirements
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- A patient and resilient personality
- Dedication to students and education
- BSc/BA in English Language or English Literature; MSc is a plus