HR Home Forums Community Wokrplace Investigation Director vs. Executive

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hello Rick,
    Hope you are doing well.
    I received a bullying and harassment complaint from our Director of Programming that is directed at the VP, Corporate Operations (my boss). There has been an ongoing between the two parties since the VP arrived in 2021. Until now, things have been managed by their boss (the CEO), but with the accusations being brought forward I am unsure how to proceed as these same accusations were brought forward by the VP months ago and the CEO said he would handle it.
    There are no specific dates or examples provided at this time, but I have asked for a formal statement and specific examples to start the investigation process with the required information. I will also meet with the CEO to let him know the situation and will likely ask that it be handled externally to ensure all parties feel heard and do not think there is any bias involved.
    Our HR unit is comprised of just me and my Admin in Toronto, and I’m thinking a 3rd party investigation would be the appropriate way to move forward. Do you have any advice on how to move this forward in terms of best practice in the industry?
    Just feeling like I am a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place and would welcome your sound advice.
    Thank you very much,
    Ashley

Conner Lantz
    Keymaster

Ashley,
    When the VP brought forward the same accusations months ago, was it documented? Was there an investigation then?
    This is obviously a very toxic working relationship between the two and needs to be addressed immediately. I would recommend an outside investigator and mediation. Your CEO probably thought it was just a personality conflict that could be sorted out, but it seems like more, and 3rd party investigations would be a benefit. We can recommend a few if you would like.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.