HR Home Forums Community Applications

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

We are based in the United States but have two offices in Canada.

My question is, are there any requirements that we need to put on a job application? I have the template, and it seems similar to US applications, but I just wanted to confirm if there is anything required.

Thank you!

Rick Tobin
    Keymaster

Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have to post the pay as part of pay transparency rulings. BC’s Pay Transparency Act took effect in 2023 and by 2026, all employers with 50+ employees or more will be required to post pay transparency reports. In late 2023, Ontario proposed new pay transparency legislation.

Job ads and postings should not contain statements, qualifications or references that relate either directly or indirectly to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status or disability.

Quebec and the federal jurisdiction both have official languages legislation. In Quebec, employers that publish a position (as part of recruitment, hiring, transfer or promotion) in a language other than French must publish the position simultaneously in French. The French publication must use the same means of transmission and reach a target audience of proportionally comparable size.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.