HR Home Forums Community Absenteeism Policy and Procedure

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hello,
    I am looking for some guidance around creating an absenteeism policy and procedure. We already have an attendance management policy/procedure for day to day culpable/unculpable attendance. I would like to create a policy/procedure to manage medical notes; either for time off due to medical reasons or accommodations of reduced shifts written on a medical note.
    I am looking for guidance on a policy that identifies:
    when can we question the validity of the medical note, what are some triggers for doing so (example; medical note after vacation time has been denied). When we accept a medical note, can we ask for additional information (accommodations) if they continue to get and extension on the time off.
    Also, we would like to implement wellness calls to all our staff who are extended medical leaves to see if there is anything we can do to support such as remind them of EFAP or educating them around changing the conversation with their doctor.

Conner Lantz
    Keymaster

The best way I can answer that question is to point you to the analysis we did on the doctor’s note issue. Please take a look at the piece and feel free to follow up with me directly at glennd@bongarde.com if you have any further questions. Thanks. https://hrinsider.ca/compliance-briefing-are-you-allowed-to-ask-sick-employees-for-a-doctors-note/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.