HR Home Forums Community A Manager at my company reprimanded me for terminating an employee saying I harassed her. She had gone to him because she did not agree with her appraisals.He did this in front of 6 members of our company’s Executive Council saying that she was not treated fairly etc. The President of the company , my direct supervisor signed teh termination papers. I interrupted teh Manager’s discourse by saying, “With all due respcet I did not harass this employee. You are confusing it with performance appraisals and that my his saying this I was feeling harassed. He then said, ” I didn’t say you harassed her and I interupted him and said “yes you did” and he then admitted he said that. The President call me later to say the manager said he didn’t harass me but he doesn’t understand his reprimand was in front of 6 colleaugues. The colleaugues didn’t know anything about the issue and he should not have brought an employee’s affairs to that meeting. Now he doesn’t speak to me and is very cold. Is this constructive dismissal? The President called me after the meeting and said it will take the manger a while to calm down but that I do a great job.6s66hould I be pursuining legal advice? I was totally caught off guard and humiliated by this manger .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Conner Lantz
    Keymaster

100% you should be pursuing legal advice. This COULD be constructive dismissal but it’s impossible to predict how an arbitrator or court would rule on the issue. The fact that your boss reassured you and complimented your job performance would work against you in a constructive dismissal suit; more importantly, though, it indicates that it need not come to that and that things will be okay once this thing blows over. Of course, if it doesn’t blow over, you may want to go back to the president. Strongly suggest that you talk to a lawyer before deciding what to do next. It’s also crucial that you have documentation of the events you describe. Good luck and stay in touch if I can be of further help. Most importantly, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Glenn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.