DATA MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Creating and enforcing policies for effective data management
- Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devising and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
We are looking for an experienced Data Manager to oversee the development and use of data systems. You will discover efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality.
A great data manager is able to fully grasp the complexity of data management. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures. You will also be tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
The goal is to ensure that information flows timely and securely to and from the organization as well as within.
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Proven experience as data manager
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field