When you’re starting to drown between employee concerns, payroll duties and helping your CEO -- HR Insider is there to help get the logistical work out of the way.
Need a policy because of a recent regulatory change? We’ve got it for you. Need some quick training on a specific HR topic? We’ve got it for you. HR Insider provides the resources you need to craft, implement and monitor policies with confidence. Our team of experts (which includes lawyers, analysts and HR professionals) keep track of complex legislation, pending changes, new interpretations and evolving case law to provide you with the policies and procedures to keep you ahead of problems. FIND OUT MORE...
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assisting in developing and implementing plans and goals for the department
- Working with the director to coordinate and supervise daily operations
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and internal policies
We are looking for a competent Assistant Director to support the director in departmental planning and monitoring progress. You will also be working to enhance productivity and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
Assistant directors are well-versed in performance and operations management and competent in assuming delegated duties. They are leaders and critical thinkers, ready to solve problems before they become obstacles.
The goal is to help the department attain objectives of productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans and goals for the department
- Work with the director to coordinate and supervise daily operations
- Ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Monitor attainment of objectives
- Undertake staffing responsibilities (hiring, training, evaluating etc.)
- Assist in budgeting and monitoring expenses
- Maintain scheduling of events and represent the company when needed
- Create reports and submit them to the director or other executives
- Fulfill duties as assigned by the director
- Proven experience as assistant director or other similar position
- Experience in performance and operations management
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and quality standards
- Proficient in MS Office, relational databases and software (e.g. ERP)
- Outstanding communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- BSc/BA in business administration or related field; MSc/MA is an asset