HR Home Forums Community Office Re-Opening – Ontario

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Is a vaccine policy implementation mandatory for all offices based out of Toronto for all industries? And if so, can we tell our employees that only vaccinated (with proof ) employees can come into the office and the rest continue working from home? We are reopening our offices on a voluntary basis.

Conner Lantz
    Keymaster

I’m pretty sure that mandatory vaccination applies only to City and public service employees. Employers in the private sector can but aren’t required to require their employees to be vaccinated. The same is true of requiring employees to provide proof of vaccination. I also believe that companies that contract and subcontract with the City must send only fully vaccinated workers to work at the sites. Province-wide, employees must be fully vaccinated if they have close and extended contact with vulnerable populations, like the sick or elderly. To sum up:
    Mandatory Vaccine/Verification IS required for public sector and contractors working on City sites, as well as for front line workers dealing with vulnerable populations
    Mandatory Vaccine/Verification PERMITTED BUT NOT REQUIRED for private sector
    I hope that helps. Glenn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.