Ask the ExpertIncorporation Formation – By a Work Permit Holder
Hemal Buch asked 2 months ago

Is it possible to form an Incorporation by an individual who is on Work Permit in Ontario Province?
The guy and his wife both are on Work Permit and they want to apply for forming an Incorporation. Pleaes advise.
Hemal Buch

1 Answers
Glenn Demby Staff answered 2 months ago

My personal belief–which you should not take as being legal advice which I’m unqualified and not allowed to provide–is that, yes, an individual can form a corporation in Ontario as long as he/she: 

  • Is 18 or older;
  • Of legally sound mind; and 
  • Not an undischarged bankrupt. 

However, an incorporator must be a Canadian resident to be the corporation’s sole officer, shareholder and/or director. I’m pretty sure this is right but recommend you run it by counsel to be sure. Glenn