Ask the ExpertHiring an employee with a student Visa
hri_Admin Staff asked 5 years ago

If you hire an employee who initially only has a student Visa, do you have to go through the entire recruitment process again once the student Visa expires in order to get a PR status?

1 Answers
Glenn Demby Staff answered 5 years ago

I have a little knowledge on immigration law. I do know that a Canadian study permit must be formally renewed and that there are formal procedures for securing renewal.
This link provides government instructions on the procedure –
I also don’t believe that the study permit has any bearing on PR status. But again, this isn’t an employment/HR law issue.
I hope this helps!