Jan 1: New workplace violence and harassment OHS regulations take effect in 2020 requiring Newfoundland employers to:
- Perform workplace violence risk assessment
- Implement procedures, policies and “environment arrangements” to eliminate or minimize risks assessment identifies
- Protect workers from family violence in workplace if employer becomes aware or should reasonably be aware of risk
- Implement workplace harassment prevention plan describing employer commitment to provide harassment-free workplace and company’s reporting and investigation procedures
- Allow for external investigation by third party when employer or supervisor is alleged harasser
- Refrain from retaliating against workers for reporting harassment or violence
- Provide harassment prevention training.