LAWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Aug. 9: The 2019 average assessment rate is increasing from $1.93 to $2.05 per $100 assessable payroll. Significant changes:
- Biggest increase: Services Low rate group from $0.68 to $0.70 (+2.9%)
- Biggest decrease: Service High group from $2.95 to $2.79 (-5.4%)
- Government rate group from $1.54 to $1.56 (+1.3%).
July 1: The YWCHSB’s new Strategic Plan for 2018-2022 is long on generalities and short on specifics but includes a few items offering hints of future concrete actions:
- Revise, realign and modernize the OHS and workers’ comp laws
- Promote employers to adopt CSA Z1003, Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Implement new psychological safety regulations
- Maintain and improve the COR program.