HR Home Forums Answer for WSIB – Indepedent Contractor

Conner Lantz
Post count: 4836

To answer that, I need to know WHAT KIND of contractor you are, i.e., what kind of work you do. If it’s construction work, you probably do have to register but you may still qualify for an exemption. Carrying liability insurance is one of the requirements for WSIB registration and getting the necessary Clearance Certification. Of course, getting liability insurance isn’t just a legal imperative but a business one since if you don’t have insurance, nobody will hire you. But, again, it depends on the kind of contractor you are.
So, loop back with me and I’ll give you a follow-up response when I find out what you do. OK? You can reach me directly at