Sept 1: New Bill C-86 protections for temps in federally regulated workplaces took effect, including:
- Pay equity, i.e., equal pay for part-time, full-time, temps, casual, seasonal employees who perform identical work in same establishment
- Employer has burden of proof that employee isn’t their employee in event of wage claim
- Right of temps to request review of their wage rates
- Ban on reprisals against temps for requesting review
- Ban on temp agency fees to assignment employees and fees to clients for establishing an employment relationship with employees
- Temp agency can’t bar temps from establishing employment relationship with client firm.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?
Total 0 Votes