When you’re starting to drown between employee concerns, payroll duties and helping your CEO -- HR Insider is there to help get the logistical work out of the way.
Need a policy because of a recent regulatory change? We’ve got it for you. Need some quick training on a specific HR topic? We’ve got it for you. HR Insider provides the resources you need to craft, implement and monitor policies with confidence. Our team of experts (which includes lawyers, analysts and HR professionals) keep track of complex legislation, pending changes, new interpretations and evolving case law to provide you with the policies and procedures to keep you ahead of problems. FIND OUT MORE...
Answer for Modified duty and available work – QC

If the employee is in a union, you must provide whatever notice is required under the collective agreement. If the employee is not in a union, you must provide termination notice or wages in lieu of notice based on how long he’s been employed by you, namely, 1 week if he has less than one year of uninterrupted service, 2 weeks if he’s credited with 1 to 5 years of uninterrupted service, 4 weeks if he’s credited with 5 to 10 years of uninterrupted service and 8 weeks for ten years or more of uninterrupted service. 
Also be very careful to document your conclusion that there’s no suitable work the employee can do, which should be based on a functional assessment by a healthcare professional. You also need documentation showing you considered alternative work and other accommodations and why you decided they weren’t reasonable.