Sept 1: New Alberta ESC rules allow employers and individual employees working at least 35 hours per week to enter into flexible averaging agreements (FAAs), provided that employees request the FAA and the employer promptly provides each affected employee a written agreement listing:
- Start and end date (maximum of 2 years)
- Number of weeks over which hours will be averaged (maximum of 2 weeks)
- Number of work days and hours per day in averaging period (maximum of 12 hours per day and 44 hours per week)
- Method of calculating overtime pay and time off with pay
- Daily overtime threshold (maximum of 10 hours).